Terms & Conditions
Elite Hound Ltd also offers a unique and bespoke service creating items to your customer specification. Please allow a little extra time for us to create your piece by hand, and ship it to you.
Elite Hound Ltd aims to dispatch items in stock for your order within 48 hours of receipt of payment details – excluding weekends, bank holidays and public holidays. This is subject to credit clearance and availability of stock. Most of our products are limited additions and made to order. Please allow extra time for production usually 3 working days. We will contact you with the delivery date information. Please contact us on email@example.com for more information on our bespoke service.
Your parcel is sent via “Royal Mail Signed For™ 1st Class” or “International Tracked & Signed” unless noted otherwise. Notify the seller prior to making the purchase, if priority mail is preferred.
If the shipping address is different from the address provided through PayPal, please contact the seller prior to payment. If the PayPal addresses are different, and no special instruction has been provided, Elite Hound will send the order to the address provided through our web page.
Worldnet International Couriers will be used for deliveries going to the Ukraine and Russia. As soon as your order has left our studio you will receive a dispatch confirmation with the tracking number (Air Waybill) from the corresponding delivery company, together with details on how to track your order. Please note that these services might not be available during the festive and pre-festive days. Also note that the estimated delivery times are to be used as a guide only, and Elite Hound Ltd is not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
Currently we pack all orders into a luxury present box with golden Elite hound logo. If you're purchasing an Elite House item as a gift, special hand written note can be included at no extra cost. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us of the occasion, shipping address, and personal message to be included in the package.
For shipment cost information please see below:
Geographic location Price Duration
United Kingdom – confirmed mail £5.00 1 working day
Europe - confirmed mail £9.00 Up to 5 working days
North & South America - confirmed mail £10.00 Up to 7 working days
Rest of the World - confirmed mail £20.00 Up to 10 working days
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we're sorry to hear that, however, simply return the item to us in its original unused condition within 28 days of receipt. Please send the item registered or recorded post to the full value, as we can only refund products that are returned safely to us.
Returned items should be unused and unworn (if applicable) and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will also be happy to exchange the item.
Goods will only be accepted for return if they are returned within 14 days of delivery, unless we have agreed and notified you otherwise.
The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore for your own protection we recommend that you return the item using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods and provides appropriate tracking.
The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility. Delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty.
Please also note we will refund an item if it is faulty, after a thorough check of the item. Please contact us and advise us of the fault prior to returning it so we can provide a returns authorisation code. Please allow 10 working days for a refund to be processed.
Return address: “GreyHeart” Limehouse marina The Harbourmaster’s office 46 Goodhart Place Limehouse W14 8EG London United Kingdom
On bespoke orders Elite Hound retains a non-refundable 50% of the final price of your order to cover the ordering of raw materials and production time.
For Bespoke orders the deposit is charged once the client has agreed to go ahead with an order either during an appointment in the studio or via a telephone or email confirmation.
Please note that for orders placed within the studio and/or Bespoke Services the Distance Selling Regulations do not apply.
Return address for refunds and exchanges:
Katarina Archer, GreyHeart, Limehouse marina, The Harbourmaster's Office, 46 Goodhart Place, Limehouse, United Kingdom
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The supplier is Elite Hound Ltd our address is:
“GreyHeart” Limehouse marina The Harbourmaster’s office 46 Goodhart Place Limehouse W14 8EG London United Kingdom
PLACING AN ORDER
Acceptance of your offer
Once you have made your choice and your order has been placed, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging the details of your order. This e-mail is NOT an acceptance of your order, just an acknowledgement that we have received it. Unless you cancel your order, acceptance of your order and completion of the contract between you and Elite Hound Ltd will be completed when we e-mail you to confirm the goods have been dispatched. For the avoidance of doubt, the contract has been concluded in London, in the English language and is therefore governed by English law.
We reserve the right not to accept your order in the event that we do not obtain authorization for payment; that shipping restrictions apply to a particular item; or that the item ordered is out of stock.
We may refuse to process and therefore accept a transaction for any reason, or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any product from the website at any time, whether or not that particular product has been sold out.
Eligibility to purchase
In order to make purchases through the website, you are requested to provide your personal details. Customers must provide their real name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, e-mail address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, when ordering items, you will be required to provide your payment details, and you represent and warrant that the payment details you provide on ordering are both valid and correct. Our site is only available for use to individuals who meet our terms of eligibility and who have been issued with a valid debit/credit card by a bank acceptable to Elite Hound and whose applications are acceptable to Elite Hound. Elite Hound reserves the right to refuse to ship multiple items to any one customer or postal address.
By making an offer to purchase Elite Hound merchandise you expressly authorise us to perform credit checks and where we deem necessary, to request additional information from third parties in order to authenticate your identity and validate your credit/debit card details in order to process your order.
If you are shopping for the first time on www.elitehound.com your billing address must match your shipping or corporate address, as appears on the statement of your card. This is a security measure and only applies to your first purchase. Please note that checks will be carried out to ensure that your billing and shipping addresses match on your first purchase.
The prices on the product page are inclusive of VAT and shipping is visualized in the shopping cart on the checkout page.
All goods are shipped from the United Kingdom. Please note that your order may be subject to import duties and taxes over which we have no control as they are levied by your tax and customs office. As the customer and importer of the goods, you will be responsible for these charges. Import duties or tax costs will be invoiced to you directly from the appointed forwarder. We recommend you contact your local customs authority to determine a landed cost price prior to purchase completion. Elite Hound is not responsible for any delays on goods that have been held back as a result of procedures carried out by your local customs authorities.
Payment can be made by Visa, Visa Electron, Visa Debit, Visa Delta, MasterCard, American Express, Maestro debit cards, and via Paypal. Debit and credit card payments are processed via stripe, a credit card processor. For more information on, please refer to www.stripe.com/gb.
PayPal is an online payment processing company widely used on the Internet to facilitate sales transactions, including credit card payments. When you proceed with making your online purchase and you select PayPal as a method of payment you will be transferred to the PayPal site where your transaction will be processed. You do not need a PayPal account and there is no additional cost to you. For more information about PayPal, follow this link.
You confirm that the credit/debit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the credit/debit card to use it. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to Elite Hound, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Furthermore, we take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
Over the phone
For existing customers making repeat orders we offer the facility to place an order by calling us directly on +44 (0) 745 093 4113 and paying by debit/credit card or by emailing your order to email@example.com upon which you will be contacted for payment to be taken over the phone. Your will have to state all your personal, billing and shipping details for an invoice to be raised and payment processed over the phone. Please note that if you are a first time buyer, your billing address will need to match your shipping address for your order to be accepted.
By wire transfer to EliteHound.com
We also accept payment by electronic wire transfers. Should you wish to place an order and pay in this way please contact elitehound.com stating your order. An invoice will be raised on confirmation of the order listing our corresponding bank details for a transfer to be made. Goods will only be dispatched on receipt of the funds.
Promotion codes & debit notes
Promotion codes are non-transferrable and there are no cash alternatives. If provided, they must be redeemed by the date published. Credit notes are non-cash transferrable and must also be used within the allocated period either by emailing Elite Hound or by calling the studio directly on +44 (0) 745 093 4113 and specifying the product(s) you wish to redeem your credit on.
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Elite Hound Ltd. via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Elite Hound Ltd., or us
Elite Hound Ltd. of 46 Goodhart Place, Limehouse, London , E14 8EG;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Elite Hound Ltd. and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Elite Hound Ltd. and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.elitehound.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Elite Hound Ltd. is the "data controller". This means that Elite Hound Ltd. determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
d. IP address (automatically collected);
e. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
f. a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
g. We may collect the type of breed and collar size of your dog;
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Elite Hound Ltd. will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products / services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to obtain advice and support from designer of the products and for the delivery purposes;
b. third party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data - to help third party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the website runs smoothly;
c. third party payment providers who process payments made over the Website - to enable third party payment providers to process user payments and refunds;
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
15. We are certified to Web Application Firewall (WAF) , SSL. This family of standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
16. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
19. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
20. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
21. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
22. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
23. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
24. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
25. We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
26. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
29. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
30. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
32. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
33. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Elite Hound Ltd. to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
34. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
35. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
36. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
37. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
38. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
39. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
42. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
43. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Elite Hound Ltd. by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 May 2018
The contents are the property of Elite Hound Ltd. Such content includes but is not limited to all photographs, images, illustrations, texts, video clips, drawings, logos, registered trademarks, graphics and other materials appearing on this Site. All rights are reserved worldwide. This Site is intended solely for private, personal and non-commercial use. You may download or re-produce information appearing on this Site solely for personal and non-commercial purposes. With the exception of personal and non-commercial use, you are prohibited from re-producing, publishing, transmitting, disseminating, displaying, erasing, deleting, adding to or modifying in any way whatsoever, creating derivative works from, selling or participating in the sales of any part of this Site. Any other use of the articles contained on this Site, including their reproduction for purposes other than your personal and non-commercial use, modification, dissemination or reproduction without Elite Hound’s prior written consent is strictly forbidden.
Elite Hound Ltd online boutique has endeavoured to display its products and colours as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee that the colour you see on your monitor will be the exact match of the colour of the goods delivered. We undertake to provide as accurate and exact a service as possible; nevertheless, technical, factual and/or printing errors may occur. Elite Hound Ltd online boutique reserves the right to make changes and corrections to the website whenever necessary, without advance warning. Errors will be corrected where discovered and Elite Hound Ltd reserves the right to revoke any stated offer and to correct any (technical) errors, inaccuracies or omissions including after an order has been acknowledged and whether or not your credit card or Paypal account has been charged. If your card has been charged for a purchase and your order is cancelled, Elite Hound Ltd will issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge. Your bank policy will dictate when this amount is credited to your account. If your Paypal account has been charged for a purchase and your order is cancelled, Elite Hound Ltd will credit your Paypal account in the amount of the charge (less any applicable charges levied by Paypal according to your individual Terms and Conditions).
The Terms & Conditions together with all our policies and procedures are governed by British law and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction